Want to easily create and print memory verse cards? Here is a simple, easy-to-use example, in Word format, which you can use as a template. You can download or open it, then copy and paste the verses you are memorizing into it, and print it out from your own computer. This is useful in conjunction with the Complete Topical Memory Verse System
area of our site! Open or download the template HERE
(To download the file, right-click the link above and select "Save target as...")
This is what it looks like:
Included in the template are easy-to-follow instructions and suggestions:
- Copy and paste the verses from your preferred translation at BibleGateway.com into the boxes above.
- After you have edited it to your liking, print out this sheet on regular paper (cardboard stock is not recommended).
- Cut along the dotted lines.
- Fold along the solid lines into a four-sided, flippable “card.”
- Carry the card with you in your pocket or purse.
Suggestions for memorization:
- Memorize the reference as well as the Scripture passage.
- Work on one set of passages per week (such as will fit on this sheet).
- Pick a time each day for working on a passage more repetitively, for example, in bed before you fall asleep. Read or repeat (silently or aloud) each reference and passage 10 times in a row.
- Review the verses at other times more briefly throughout the day.
- As the week goes on, you will eventually be able to quote (silently or aloud) each reference and passage without looking.
- Save used cards for future review.
- Memorizing should not be just a mental exercise. Prayerfully ask the Lord to give you wisdom and help you to apply the truth of each passage to your life.